For the last month or so, a committee of about 15 have been working on landing this huge conference for Ogden. The last month has been very, very busy and many times, very tiring and frustrating!!
On Wednesday our labors came to fruition. We spent sleepless nights Monday and Tuesday preparing for a HUGE presentation Wednesday morning! It was very nerve racking and very exciting!
After a wonderful (if I do say so myself) forty five minute, very detailed, and very impressive presentation by ten of my colleagues in the industry and myself, the meeting planners gave us a confirmation of our award!! Tears were shed, hugs and handshakes all around!
It was one of the most rewarding days of my career thus far. It is so fun to be challenged, work together as a team and then get to celebrate!!
Way to go Ogden hospitality industry on a job well done!!
Brade and I had to celebrate that night. What would a good ol fashioned celebration be without...Utah Noodle and Christmas shopping. I had never been to the famed Utah Noodle, and Brade insisted we try it. Highly recommended!! Maybe it was just the great company, but all in all, it was a great day!!!
5 comments:
Linds, I LOVE Utah Noodle, that is my favorite restaurant!!...and the rest of my family as well. I am jealous that you went and it is making me crave it!!
Congrats on the job thing. I'm actually surprised that Utah Noodle was open. We went on a Saturday night and they had posted a sign that said "Closed - Out of food." Huh? That's weird. Aren't you a restaurant?
Barfo-Rama. I'm sorry but I'm not a big fan of Utah Noodle. Maybe it's just what I ordered. I'll have to try it again...or not. Not to be rude or anything, I know a lot of fine, upstanding, members of our community who love this restaraunt, I am just not one of them. I hear the shrimp are good though.
If I could be the mayor of Shrimp City, I would. Yes, I love the Utah Noodle-if only for the Shrimp and Bacon fried rice. Also-I love their menu-crackers w/ butter? Where else do you find such an item?
Linds. What a great day for you!! I do love Utah Noodle, but only when they actually have noodles!! What??? Yes, they run out of noodles regularly for some unknown reason...then you have to order shrip!! Or sometimes they just close down early!!
Post a Comment