Sunday, September 7, 2008

To My Close Friends...You may Pick Your Jaw Off the Floor!!

I have been thinking about this so much lately, I thought I would award my thoughts with their own post.

Two years ago, I was the proud member of the DINK (double income, no kids) crew. Happy to be there and really thought I would spend my years as a faithful member. This all changed last summer when Brade and I found out we were having our beautiful little girl. We were both estatic. After a VERY difficult pregnancy and delivery, I knew she was going to be our only. She is beautiful, perfect, humbling and the most precious of gifts. There is nothing I need more in this world...except a sister/brother for my special little princess!

I know I am preaching to a choir when I say the love of a mother can hardly be contained within the confines of my chest, but I just can't imagine there is only enough love in there for just one. I never knew I could love someone SOO much. I never knew the joy that comes from every smile. I never knew the hurt that comes from every painful tear from her eyes. I never knew the laughter that can be shared by someone so naive. I never knew the joy that can be shared between a father and a mother. I never knew it was in me. It was buried for some time, but there is no denying it and there is no need to contain it.

10 comments:

Cass said...

Hmm.. Linds what are you saying here?... (I'm trying not to get too excited)I even had to call Trev to see if he had any moreinformation. You'll be interogated at dinner. :D

Veronica Reeve said...

Lindsey my dear, beautifully put. I think you are a wonderful mother. Considering your hard pregnancy and delivery, to be willing to go through it all over again...so selfless. One day you will realize that this is the best present you could ever give to little Bentley.

Nicole said...

I had to read over that one twice, I thought that maybe I missed an announcement. Maybe that will come at a later date. I am glad that you have found and recognized your calling in life!

Bree said...

Motherhood is really the hardest, but most rewarding job out there. Isn't it so crazy how you can love someone so much that it hurts? And I promise even though you probably think you don't have any more love to give (since Bent has it all), you will love your next baby just as much. That may seem weird to say that, but really I kinda thought that when I had London. I love both my girls so much and they both bring something different to the table (not by a lot yet). Kids are the absolute BEST thing that ever happened to me and Jay. Glad you feel the same.

Jennie said...

Isn't it just amazing how one tiny little creature can bring about such strong and life changing emotions?! Motherhood is truly the greatest and most challenging calling there is. Bentley is so lucky to have you for her mother (plus she has the most stylish clothes around!) I am a bit confused though, are you making an announcement of some kind?

Kelly said...

Having a sibiling for Landon is one of my BIGGEST goals! It is not going according to "Kelly's Plan" but hopefully, one day He can be a big brother! Bee will be a darling big sissa ond day too! Its amazing how your heart can strech big enough to give more love, isn't it?

Stac said...

I think you should have another baby. If you wait a few years, I will do it with you again. that was fun.

I put our blog to private so email me with your email. I didn't know if you wanted me to use your work email or what.

Libby said...

I concur with Stac. Let's reunite for another pregnancy pact! However, I think I'm still too close to those birthing memories to jump in at the current moment. When momnesia kicks in, I'll let you know. Even if you decide to go it alone, you can still call Dr. Libby with any queries or concerns!

Cody & Melanie said...

You are such a great women..and an excellent mother! I wish I had your life!! I just love your little bent!! You make such cute babies you have to have another! I just read your last post too..oh my gosh I want to cry!! I'm so sorry hun! I wish I could be stronger!! I feel so horrible and a complete failer to you! I know you'll find someone great though for sweet bentley.

Camille said...

She is so adorable. Yes, Motherhood rocks, it is by far the hardest but most rewarding thing. I am glad you are on the board the MOTHER SHIP!!!