Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year, New Attitude

We have all had them. Those days when you wake up and think the world is out to get you, only to realize, "it is not that bad!"
Nearly one ago as Brade and I were very heavily contemplating a name for our new little girl, we decided her name had to mean something, something very important and dear to our hearts. Something she could reflect on for the rest of her life.
Bentley J. Ketcham, is what we came up with. The "J" has several very important meanings, but most of all she is named after our heroin, Jodi.

(Christmas Eve, 2007)

You may recall a post about my very humble and very courageous cousin, Jodi Carlson. Three weeks after delivering a beautiful little girl, her life changed forever. She had a major stroke and nearly died. She quickly became a heroin to everyone around her. She has persevered and struggled through the last year with a testimony and attitude unlike anyone I have ever seen.
I want Bentley to know that life is going to throw her some curve balls throughout all her years. She is going to be down at times and on top of the world at others, but through it all she has the example of many people around her and especially Jodi and her family to guide her. There are people that come into your life that leave you breathless and in awe. I have met many, many people along the way. Last year, there were two: our beautiful daughter and Jodi.
Brade and I decided in 2008 and forever, those two people would be linked. They are two people that made us better, made us live a little stronger, stand a little taller and be the people that would make others proud.
New Year, New Attitude!

I have added a link to Jodi's Blog on my sidebar. I have had several people ask me how she is doing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Linds, I needed that. You are awesome, and little miss Bent is lucky to have you as her mother.