
I have been reading the Twilight series, so that is probably why this title came to mind!
Unfortunately, I did not receive the first time mom memo when I found out I was pregnant. You know the one that reads:
ATTENTION: you have now officially lost your immune system. You will contract every illness or infection from here until delivery.
In the last six months I have had everything from kidney infections to bronchitis. Let me just tell you about my latest adventure with illness. I have a very overprotective husband who insisted I call the nurse because I had not kept any food or liquid down for over 36 hours. I had the stomach flu bug that has been going around. The nurse suggested I come just to make sure I was not dehydrated.
Come to find out, yes I was severely dehydrated and I did need an IV to get some fluids in balance. Just my luck! After trying for about ten minutes to get a vein, they decided it wasn't going to work so they put me under a heating blanket. Just when I was all nice and toasty, they started the IV. If any of you have ever wondered where they store those large bags of the mysterious liquid...wonder no more. I took it upon myself to find out. They store them in the sub zero!!
I have never been so cold in all my life. After the first bag of ice crystals, I asked for a blanket. We all know what kind of blankets they supply. The nice warm quilt that was offered to me reminded me of the little apron the dentist places on your chest while in the chair. Needless to say, after three bags of fluid and six hours later, I had officially turned stone cold!
I now know how Edward Cullen feels!!
5 comments:
Linds, you are so funny! I can't wait for more posts. No pressure or anything though.
I'm so excited you finally entered our nerdy world of bloggers. For the record we store our IV bags in warmers, however, I still am told that they can be cold. Room temp ones are FREEZING! Good luck with the ole immune system.
Yay Linds!! Not for the Edward Cullen comparison, but for your entry into the cult!! Love the blog name. Love the post. A+. Bentley would be proud.
Linds-
First of all, I had no idea that you were pregnant! Congrats! Second, I'm so sorry about the pregnancy sickness. I totally feel for you. (I'll fill you in when I see you in a few days!) And third, I am glad that you have a blog. It's fun to see what you are up to and we can keep in touch much better. See ya soon!
Hooraayy!! Totally pumped about the blog! the bib at the dentist thing had me laughing so hard I fell out of my chair...maybe because I just finished a round of 4 dentist visits to fill about 6 cavities!! SOrry you are sick! can I make you some chicken soup???
Post a Comment