Friday, March 7, 2008

New Favorite Indulgence!!

A little bit of heaven!


For three square meals a day when I was in the hospital I enjoyed this delectable goodness and could not quite give them up upon returning home. After a quick trip to the local grocer and some advice from my best cousin, Bobbi, I have lived on these things!!

So mine is not as pretty as the ones at Mckay, but if you are looking to replicate the masterpiece, start with some good ol' fashioned vanilla yogurt, add crushed Nature Valley Granola Bars, and a fruit medley of your choice! The secret is to let it sit for a minute so the granola soaks in some yogurt and gets a little soft!!

MMMM!

P.S. thank you to my wonderful friends for making feel better after my run in last night. You guys are great!

3 comments:

Bree said...

I am a total fan of the parfait as well. YUM! We really need to get together soon, so we can laugh! Hopefully this Wed. works for everyone for the playdate! See you then!

Bobbi Flinders said...

Giz, I loooove the parfaits. I told you they are the best. Luckily I cracked the code and got the recipe. They are good for any occassion. And good hint on letting them get soggy - that's my favorite too! Too bad you can't charge them to your room anymore.

Kendell's Crusaders said...

I'm also a huge fam of the parfaits. Get one anytime I can, but I have to say I'm impressed that you decided to make your own, I'm too lazy!