Thursday, March 6, 2008

XTERRA Winter Championships...Bad Mom Day!

Looking for something fun and inspiring to do this weekend? Scoot on up to Snowbasin for the first annual XTERRA Winter World's! This event is HUGE for Ogden and Snowbasin. It brings in athletes from all over the world to compete in various on snow competitions. It is a very spectator friendly sport and there will be great entertainment and great FOOD! For more details check out http://www.xterraplanet.com/
I have been privileged to have been on the planning committee for this event and it sure to be a crowd pleaser! Event planning is something I love to do, and fortunately my job allows me to get involved and use my creative side. There are however downfalls as well. Sometimes you just can't plan an event around your due date, so needless to say I have had to work and show up at events this weekend. This is where the bad mom day comes into play.
I had to make an appearance this evening at the registration/kick off party and yes, I took Bent with me!!
Great time had by all, Bentley was an angel, night went well...I think I will go home. Oh no, as I am walking out the door, mean lady starts to yell. Yes, yell at me. She proceeds to humiliate me in front of the innocent bystanders about how I am endangering my child and I need to take her home right this instant. "Don't you know this is RSV season" She exclaims, now louder than before! Approximatly five minutes later I just give her a half hearted smile, cover my child with a blanket and crawl out the door with my last ounce of dignity!!
Let me crawl in a hole, cover my face and cry. Am I the worst mother ever?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Linds, you should of told that lady to stick it! You are not a bad mom! Now if you were taking Bentley into a cold-fest where everyone was sick, and they were holding her and touching her, and giving her kisses, or slobbering on her, I may have to say that that would be a bad mom. Here is how I look at it, you can leave your child inside all day and build a bubble for them or let them get out and experience things, and if they experience some kind of little bug, then so be it! I think you handled the situation perfectly though, but you should have walked out with your head held high because there is nothing you did wrong. You are on awesome mom!!

Veronica Reeve said...

Lindsey, That makes me soooo mad!! I would have punched that lady in the face!! Twice!! But please don't you worry about it, you'll get advice from everyone! Everyone thinks they "know best" but you are Bentley's mom, and YOU know what is best for her. You are a doll and a wonderful mother and that lady is obviously crazy and a loud mouth weirdo.

Bree said...

When people I don't know try to tell me what to do my blood boils. Good thing I wasn't there because I totally would've given her a peice of my mind maybe with some colorful words in the mix. What a freak show. You are a great Mom and don't worry about crazy psycho lady!! I need to come over soon to see your Sumo table..HA HA!!

Brin said...

I agree with the rest of the commentors. Your the mother, you know how to keep her safe. People just love to give that "I know it all" advice. Don't feel bad, if anything she should feel like the idiot. I'm glad your enjoying the motherhood experience. She is beautiful!

Jennie said...

Dito, dito, dito to all the above comments. Sometimes people don't know when to stick their foot in their mounth, in this case you should've stuck YOUR foot in HER mouth for her! Motherhood is hard enough as is, so just do the best you can and throw everything else out the window!
P.S. Your job sounds awesome- do they hire nurses?!

Kristen said...

OK who is this lady and where does she live so I can kick her in the face. Yes it is RSV season, but was this event at some McDonalds playland where little snot nosed kids (like mine) are running around with no shoes and coming up to her and touching her hand and face. NO! You need to get out sometimes too. Ladies like these will interfere in your parenting for the rest of your life. So keep on practicing that half smile, your gonna need it. By the way I just typed this then read everybody else's comments and rwalized I'm a repeat. Hope you're convinced.