A Typical Morning at the Ketcham Residence
It actually starts the night before: I lay in bed contemplating and envisioning outfit ideas for Bentley to wear the next day. I obsess over her shoes, her shade of tights, her hair bows, her jeans, the stitching on her jeans, the "fit" of her top, the color and look of her bracelet....EVERYTHING!
I can not sleep soundly until I have figured out what she is going to wear to the sitter the next day. Keep in mind, she will not see anyone, but the sitter and the other careless children.
Our morning starts out around 7:00. Bent has a bottle and wakes up slowly while I begin getting ready. I then go into her room and coddle her because if I don't she may spend the rest of the day believing I don't' love her enough to spend the time wishing her good morning.
I then painstakingly iron each item she will be wearing that day, including knit sweaters and hats. I lay out her tights and run the sweater shaver over them. I usually thread ribbon through the holes in her knit hats according to the color scheme if it fits in. If she does not have a hat to match, I get out the "hair bag"-a large plastic bag with gel, hairspray, three different combs, elastics and every color ribbon imaginable. I try and coordinate the hairstyle to the look of the outfit. I lay out all items in order of how they should be layered to make the perfect outfit.

Brade is my hero and dresses and chats with her while I finish getting ready. I then go in and "inspect" her outfit to make sure it looks exactly how I envisioned it in my head. (this makes me wince to even say this out loud. WHY?)
If the colors are off or the shoes don't match the "look and style" of the outfit, I change it all! I then pick out a blanket that matches and off we go--WOW, just writing this and saying out loud makes me want to cry and join a therapy group.
12 comments:
Lindsey--You are NOT obsessed...or maybe you are. But I can see myselft saying/doing the EXACT same things if I had a darling girlie like Bee! Landon has had to endure some pretty insane fashion moments himself. I think and ponder about what he will wear each day as well! BUT I don't have the pleasure of thinking of tights, bows, jewelry,etc. Its really a blessing that I don't have a girl--pretty sure I'd be bankrupt by her 3rd birhtday. Bent always is so darling and sassy. Keep up the good work. Just don't lose sleep over it! Ha! Ha!
So funny! Farrah has way more cute clothes than me. I tend to make her wardrobe decisions on where she is going and how dirty she will get. If she is going somewhere where she will get dirty (i.e. grandma's house) I pass on the cute outfit. Plus, she just takes off everything anyway lately. Thanks for sharing this tidbit. It definitely made me smile. Oh, and I LOVED her outfit for the Veronica shot - especially the pink lace tights peeking out.
You are funny!!! I think you are obsessed but just know that no matter what she wears she is absolutely adorable!!!! Cute photos!!!!
Ah ha! Now I see what's going on... you're thinning out your closet so you can make more room for Ms. Bee's clothes! ...It's all making sense.
Ps. you're welcome for 'cleaning' out your closet... sheesh.. such a hassle :)
I am laughing only because I think it is funny..not crazy. it is deffinatly fun to get babies dressed up and go out even if nobody too important is going to see them. And it is so much easier to do when you only have one. Enjoy it while it last because before you know it she will have her own attitude and make her own decisions on what she wants to wear weather it matches or not ;)
Wow. Well sis, you've taken the first step. Admitting that you are obsessed. That's progress. I have to agree with Kelly-you just can't get too excited about duds for the lil' dudes. Sure Levi has a bunch of cute outfits, but it's certainly not the norm. I just don't get jazzed over cargos and t-shirts with lame slogans or sayings. Maybe one day I'll have a wee lass to doll up.
P.S. Until that day comes, I'll keep adding to my collection of awesome tights, thank you very much.
Lindsey, Where did you get those adorable pink tights? This is bobbis sister in law Lacie
You may need to check yourself in to rehab. I thought that I was OCD???? Too bad Bent doesn't have many cute clothes. Poor girl. Always just in a diaper.
Linds, We still love you. Bee would still be so perfectly cute even in frumpy, stained, faded clothes...which I'm sure we will never witness, but still.....and hey, it makes for some cute pictures...
Linds! That is hillarious. And yes you're obsessed. But we all need an obsession. Better your little girls clothes than ...well a lot of things. Bent is SO darling in all her clothes! Congrats on the crawling. I bet you sometimes wish you could take back your wish of mobility. :)
Post a Comment