I have read some articles, searched the internet and am reaching out for some advice...to my fellow mothers.
Bentley has been going through what I hope is a phase. She has major seperation anxiety. She will not let me leave the house, the room or be out of her sight. She LOVES her sitter and when Dad drops her off, no big deal. When I drop her off, she cries and throws a fit for about three seconds.
The real problem is at home. Brade is SO good to her. He is always willing to play with her, wrestle with her, get her whatever she wants, but she cries if he even looks at her.
She will not let me out of her sight. I can't shower, go the bathroom, go downstairs....ANYTHING without her having a complete meltdown. She loves to tease her dad and gets so excited when he gets home, but heaven forbid he look at her. I am thinking he associates dad with me leaving....unfortunatly. I don't know the answer or how to cope with it. It is very stressful on ALL of us!
WHAT DO I DO?
5 comments:
Bent is almost 18 months! This is bound to happen right about now. All I know is that Landon did the EXACT same thing. I don't know what it is--but 18 months is "cling to mmommy stage" Sending 18 month olds to nursery at church is a joke! I hope you find a solution. Just tell Brade not to be offended--he shouldn't worry. If you find a solution--please share with all of us!
I wish there was a simple solution. When my daughter did it I would give her something of mine to hold on to at daycare. For example my braclet. I asked her to hold it or watch it for my while I was gone to work. But you have to switch it up needs to be something different every day. Or she will catch on. Maybe for the at home part with Brady have him hold her more, even if she cries for you she needs to know she can go to him. So if you go out, to dinner or church he needs to carry her so she doens't just think that when he has her it means mommy is leaving. Wish you the best of luck.
It's just a phase. It happens to most. Just don't let it bug ya.
Gus is in the exact same phase right now. I told Nate today that I am beginning to wonder if boys really are less dramatic than girls because he is seriously dramatic!! It's just a phase and they will get over it. Zoee did the same thing. I think is it harder on us than them. Hang in there. It will get better.
Oh Gizz...I wish that I had some answers for you, but honey, I have the exact same problem. (Take Shadie AKA Shadow for example.) I wish there was a cure. I thought that this would get better now that I am home. No such luck. Probably just worse. I hope it's just a phase. I will pray for both of us to have a break.
Post a Comment