I had my big ultrasound today. You know the one that is supposed to detect birth defects and make sure everything is ok. Well, it turns out Bentley is doing great. She is growing normally, heart is strong and healthy. She is in picture perfect health.
But, picture perfect is not what we got when we had a 3D scan. I wish the tech would have never offered it. I know Bentley is still developing and still very much a skeleton with some very thin skin, but she was...alienish. I was not prepared to see that come up on the screen. For all of you that have had one, I hope yours looked better than mine. From what I can see, she has two rather large dark holes where there should be soft eyelids. She has the same mouth you see when a geriatric patient removes their false teeth and she ...well she...how do I say this...she just isn't what most would consider "a beautiful baby".
I am sure she will be beautiful, but don't ruin a mothers dreams by showing her this. I just thought I would warn all of you that have yet to experience this.
Good luck out there. The imaging room at the OB can be a cruel, cruel place.
4 comments:
Hey Linds!! I am so glad to see you've started a blog. I haven't been to the last couple GNO's so I haven't seen you in a bit so I'm glad I can keep up with you through your blog. P.S. Trust me, the 3D's are not always as they seem. We had one done for Max and seriously, his nose looked ENORMOUS!! I was a little nervous to see it when he came out, but it ended up being perfectly proportional to his face, Whheeww! I'm sure Bentley will be beautiful!!
It is my experience that the 3D ultrasounds don't really look too cute until 34-36 wks. That is when you can tell better what your babes will look like. Bentley just needs to fill out a bit more and she'll be a doll!
Lindsey, I was so worried about Lili too. Her lips looked HUGE!! I thought she was going to look like a muppet. Luckily, she came out normal, her lips are regular lip-sized...small, even.
It's okay--sometimes babies are like aliens....she'll be darling when she gets here! Maybe you can change her name to ET!! Just kidding--she'll be adorable!!
Post a Comment