Monday, October 22, 2007

Dear Bentley,
Even though I have had a pretty rough pregnancy, I did want to highlight some of the best times we have had so far. Bee, your dad and I are so excited that you are going to be part of our lives. I have never seen your dad so happy and so engaged. When he talks about you his face lights up. He is very proud of his daughter, even though he has yet to meet you. Trust me on this on Bentley, your dad will be your protector from now until forever. He will watch over you and protect you as long as he is able. Just be prepared.
Bee, you and I have had some amazing memories already. You and I have traveled to nine different states and shared some great moments together. We have been to Alaska, Chicago, Jackson Hole, San Jose, Colorado, Idaho, Florida, and Georgia. Atlanta, GA was my favorite by far. Your dad and I decided to take a "Babymoon." While you are still pretty easy to travel with, we took one last get away. We went to the PGA Tour Championship, where we sat feet away from Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson and the rest of your dad's heroes. There is only one thing that makes your dad happier than being a husband and a father...GOLF. You will soon be hitting the links with him, I am sure! You have been a pretty good traveler, except when I had to get up early, sit for long periods on a plane and stand at a trade show.
Bentley, not only are your dad and I excited, you have so many close friends and family that are anxiously waiting to meet you. Your Grandma Annie, Maima and Emma have spoiled you rotten already. You have a whole closet full of clothes, shoes, and accessories. I don't think you will ever have to go without. Your Grandpa Jeff could not be more excited. He tells everyone about you and happy is for your dad and I. He does call you Mercedes though. We love him.
Bee, as your mom, I can not tell you enough how excited I am to meet you. I feel like I know you already. You have already changed our perspective and outlook so much. We love you!
I promise to be the best mom I know how to be!
Love ya,
Mom

4 comments:

Veronica Reeve said...

Lindsey? Is that you? Is this the same person? What a cute little post. It's so fun to see how a baby has already changed your life. It only gets better!!! I'm SO excited for you guys. I can't wait to meet her!

Tiff said...

Linds - That is the sweetest letter ever! I am so excited for you and Brady and I can't wait to meet Bentley :)
Tiff

Stac said...

I just read this post again for the millionth time. It is so sweet. You are the cutest mom already! I can't wait to hang out this weekend! I love you to the moon and back.

Libby said...

I love the "Bee". So cute. At least Bentley's grandpa doesn't call her Chevrolet.