Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Really? This much time spent on a nursery?


I really do not have a life. My sister, Amy, convinced me to do a blog because I would have "so much to talk about". Well I am quickly finding out that is not true. I go to work, I come home work on the house and then wake up the next morning to do it all again. So I apologize for the content of my posts being pretty much the same topic. However, if you want something to read, like I know I do everyday, you will just go with flow.
Brade has decided that he wants to redo the entire house before Bentley is born. He is covering all the wood floors with carpet. I know, I know, many of you think we are lame. This is how our conversation went:
Brade:"You know I really want to be that dad that rolls around on the floor with their child. I want to be everywhere they are."
Linds: "I think that is great. I agree with you. What are you getting at?"
Brade: "I have decided I want to cover all the wood floors in the house with nice plush carpet so Bentley can go anywhere and feel comfortable."
OK, how am I supposed to deny him that. It was way too cute. Needless to say the carpet is ordered. We are in the process of painting her room now. I found this bedding online for a mere $800.00 dollars!! Really, who buys bedding laced with gold these days. I feel in love with the pattern and the color so my WONDERFUL friend at work is going to whip it up on her sewing machine! People never seize to amaze me. The bottom half of the walls in her bedroom will look like the lime colored fabric in large vertical stripes. I have decided to be very bold and paint the chair rail, trim and door casings black. We will see how it works out. She has a black crib and changing table as well. Maybe, a little morbid, but we will soon find out!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Darling!! Can't wait to see it in person! I really love the polka dots and stripes! Good luck on all the projects---but really smart to get them done now!

Stac said...

I finally made it to the computer to check your blog. It is so cute!! I can't wait to hang out soon. Thanks for talking to me today and helping me stay awake on that awful long drive. Love ya

Veronica Reeve said...

That really is so cute! I need a friend who can sew. Does your friend need a new friend?