
I have inserted the temperature reading to the right to give you a better feel for this story. Last night as Brade and I are hauling in load after load of heavy lumber and peeling off layer after layer of clothing to accomodate for the warm temperatures in our home, we decided to turn off the heat, leave the front door open and open a few windows to get a draft through the house. Keep in mind it is approximately 35 degrees outside. Having a pregnant woman in the house and a man that NEVER gets cold, we keep our house around 65 in these latter months.
After about an hour we decided to nestle in, have some supper and prepare for bed. I proceed to the thermostat to resume the house heating process. The thermostat now reads 60 degrees...not bad. I turn on the switch and wait for the sound of the (nearly brand new) furnace to kick on, but to no avail. No heat, no roaring sound of the fan, no warm fuzzies, I got nothin!
Brade continues to fiddle with it and test it, meanwhile, I am on Google searching for an answer. We all know Google can solve everything. Needless to say, when we went to bed last night it was 53 degrees in the house, when we woke up, it was a whopping 41!!

Have you ever tried to do your hair with a beanie on or get dressed without letting any skin touch the cool crisp air. On this Thanksgiving Eve, I have to say, I did not attempt the shower. I know, I know, but really, I want you to go outside when it is forty degrees, strip down to your nothings and see how it feels. Just dont' call me to hang out until later when I can go to my sister's and shower!!
November 20th, 2007 through November 21st, 2007-
Brady and Lindsey Ketcham
have successfully completed the
Klondike Challenge-CONGRATULATIONS!!
5 comments:
Hope you didn't get any frost bite!! Yikes, that's cold. We also keep our thermostat down--I seem to sleep better when its cooler--but not 41 degrees!! You can use my shower if you want!!
So funny Linds - didn't we used to have freeze outs in our car in the middle of winter just for fun? Did you find out what was wrong? Maybe since the whole furnace was off, you just need to relight the pilot light? Then again, you probably already thought of that...
Seriously, that's some cold stuff. Bently is a little built in space heater for ya, but come on 41 degrees?! I get cold around 65 degrees. I'm kind of a pansy though. Good luck with the furnice, is it still under warrenty? Please say yes.
What happend?? that's cold!! The worst thing thats happend to us is having our A/C freeze up in the middle of August and having to turn on our heater to defrost the Air conditioner, I thought that was bad having our house reach 86 degrees, but 41? your a trooper!!
ok the wind music is so funny and really makes me feel cold!! I think I will remember this post when we are trying to decide if we should move to Utah!
Post a Comment