Friday, January 11, 2008

You've got a friend in me!

"I get by with a little help from my friends."
-John Lennon
There is definitely a reason I got pregnant when I did. I know I am preaching to the choir when I say pregnancy is not the easiest thing to go through, but I have the most amazing friends! There is a bonus to being one of the last of my close friends to by a mom. My best friend from growing up, Stac, just so happened to get pregnant right before me (I am talking weeks before me) and my other friend, Libby, just after me (totally planned to the day, I might add). What a relief. I can call Stac for everything about what to expect. She is "what to expect when you are expecting". Libby is the next best thing to an OB since she basically runs the office at her dad's OB/GYN clinic!
I just have to say a HUGE thank you to all my friends. Kelly and Libs threw me a baby shower last night and I get giddy just thinking about it. We, of course, had a great time, shared some good laughs and shared GREAT motherly advice! They are absolutely wonderful!
Of course, the greatest friend anyone could ask for is great sisters and a great mom. Maima, you are the best. Her friend said it perfectly, "Amy is the most well adjusted mom I have ever seen." No pressure being mom after Maim! Emma, is an amazing live in nanny to three year old twins! They are absolutely darling and she really is so patient as so good with them! My sister-in-law, Jenn, is one of those people you watch and wish you got her maternal instincts. She just knows what to do. Where can I pick that up. Please let me know if you any of you have the secret!
A huge shout out to all my friends for being so wonderful and so great to go for advice!

4 comments:

Stac said...

Linds, thanks so much for this post. It was so nice of you. Thanks to you for all your advice (baby and not baby stuff...you really should be a counslor) It has been lots of fun having someone to be pregnant with. I am really glad it is you too because we are so much alike and it is fun to complain with you! Love you to the moon and back!

Libby said...

Because of you (in my opinion anyway) I woke up at 3:00 this morning thinking about all of those baby legs and what could coordinate with them. Yikes. I could probably also blame it on my 3 Diet Cokes last night as well. But even then-I'll still say you peer pressured me into that one. Oh well. P.S. I love having you as a pregnancy partner as well!!

Amy said...

What are sisters for, if not to leave you feeing guilt ridden and inadequate? Love ya

Kelly said...

Linds--
I just love to talk your ear off! Like I know EVERYTHING there is to know about being a Mom! I can't wait to see how great you'll do with Bentley--all that Mom stuff comes on its own, you'll be amazed!! Glad to do a shower for such a fun gal pal like you!!