As I was roaming the streets of Ogden yesterday in my 5" stilettos cursing with every step, it came to me. Fashion Friday would be centered around SHOES!
I have a small obsession with them... small is a relative term. The right shoes are essential to any woman's wardrobe. No need to spend a lot of money, in fact, I don't recommend it. you can find GREAT shoes at any price. Check out TARGET, ROSS, Dillard's(the last three days of every month there are tons of shoes at 75% off) and Mervyn's!
I am very much vertically challenged. I was blessed with a lofty 5'2" frame, therefore, you will probably NEVER see me in flats! I own two pair and they are my running shoes and my ballet flats. A stiletto will dress up ANY outfit. The first thing to consider when looking for shoes this season is style. I believe there are four colors/styles this season that need to be in your closet: A cute pair of basic black peep toes. Nothing fancy, just something you can wear with EVERYTHING!

This is a pair I picked up at Nordstrom Rack.
Score these VERY trendy and comfortable wedges from TARGET!
When trying on a peephole shoe make sure the opening of the toe does not rub against your cuticle. You will not be a happy camper after twenty minutes. Notice in the picture above the big toe cuticle is completely covered! Comfort City!
The second pair every girl should have is a Metallic Pair of Gladiator Inspired Sandals!
This is the perfect flat for summer. You can find these beauties right now at Target!
I usually opt for a wedge in the summer.
This way you won't aerate the grass at the neighborhood BBQ! I found these at Dillard's!The third is a pair of ballet flats. Mind you, I do not wear flat shoes, but I know I am the exception and
As most of the people that read my blog are mom's tha
t get to chase after kids day after day at the park or the pool, I have found the PERFECT shoe for the summer!! I actually spotted a lady wearing these in the Dallas Airport this week and made a query as to where I could get some! THEY ARE WONDERFUL! They are lighter than air and SO comfortable. They still have a heel, some style and lend the perfect alternative to a traditional flip-flop! Where, you ask? I just bought them yesterday at Dillard's!I know most of you cringe when you see a four inch heel! I have a few pointers to make the wear easier on your feet and your shoe.Practice walking in them. I am serious about this one!
Step one: Walk normally around the room or down the hall. Notice you will walk-heel, toe, heel, toe, heel, toe.
Step two: Now, walk TOE, HEEL, toe, heel, toe, heel. This is the best way to walk in stilettos.
Step Three- Now exaggerate your step. Walk like a velociraptor or a flamingo. Extend you knees far higher than you normally would. Point your toe and step heel, toe. This is better on your feet, your balance and the heel of your shoe.
Practice-I will wait.
Step Four- Repeat the above step and now turn your toes in slightly. This will force you to walk more feminine and in a straight line, just like the runway models, just not as exaggerated.
NEVER, EVER wear a stiletto with a cuffed pant. I have learned this the hard way several times. Never fails..you will step in your cuff and you will be humiliated. If a cuff is essential, wear a wedge or sew the cuff shut permanently!
Whenever I know I am going to be on my feet a lot, but still want that PERFECT 5" inch for a meeting or special event during the day, I will throw in my ballet flats to walk around the office in or down 25th street and then switch them out once I arrive at the meeting.
Please keep in mind, I am no expert and I am not claiming to be anything, but a gal expressing her passion for fashion! Next week look for "Finding the perfect pair of pants/jeans to accentuate the positive."
3 comments:
ok. This post was hilarious. Although I am not a heel wearer and probably never will be (unless I can get really skinny) I laughed out loud at your instructions of how to walk in them! I loved that you said walk like a velociraptor!! You are hilarious and I laughed loud enough to wake Nate up! So funny Linds!
Ok, LOVE your fashion friday! You have such great ideas. I'm glad you list the stores too!
Those were all way cute shoes. I love your tips, and your analogies make me giggle. Thanks for the ideas. I too have a love for shoe.
Post a Comment