Thursday, June 26, 2008

Home from the Big-D...I do mean Dallas!

This last week we had the wonderful opportunity to swelter in 100 degree weather and a little 100% humidity to boot!!

I had a conference in the good ol' Lone Star State and I dragged Brade and Bent along with me! They were such troopers! The conference hotel was absolutely beautiful! We really lucked out on this one! They were out of "regular rooms" when we checked in so we were upgraded to a penthouse suite!




This was Bent's bed. Notice her tiny little body up in the corner!!



We had a blast while we were there. I did work, but we had some time to see the sights! We first headed to the "Grassy Knoll" and the Book Depository...where JFK was assassinated.










Brade is a huge history buff so was first on his list of things to see. It was my second time going and I am glad I went again. I learned a lot more the second time!! Highly recommended if you are ever in Dallas!

We then found this AWESOME little BBQ pit. Dinners on vacation are a little different now with the wee one!





Brade's coworker has an unhealthy passion for the Dallas Cowboys. His home is literally plastered in memorabilia. He was a little bit angry at Brade for taking a trip without him to his beloved "hometown." Brade says it wasn't, but I have a hunch it was to rub it in is face, we took a VIP tour of the stadium. Mind you, Brade is not and has never been a fan of the Cowboys, but he was giddy like a school girl the WHOLE time.

The view from the Suites that circle the top of the stadium. A mere 2 million for the season!!

Brade trying his hand at throwing a touchdown pass!

He had to call his coworker while standing in Terrel Owens locker. Really? It wasn't to rub it in?

The Fort Worth Stockyards!

They have the MOST enticing malls~ Bent was a trooper while her dad looked for that PERFECT golf outfit!!

She actually did Beautifully on the plane. She did scream for a minute when we landed in SLC, but other than that-just a little shut eye for both of us!

I don't know if I have ever mentioned how much I love my job!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I kinda wished I had your job! Penthouse suite--you poor gal! Who doesn't love to travel? Looks like you are doing a good job of getting Bee trained up early for these kind of adventures!! How did Brady like his Father's Day surprise!!

Unknown said...

Man, I would love your job too!!! I am not a fan of the Cowboys either, but to be that close up and personal, I would be pretty giddy as well. Looked like a lot of fun!!

Libby said...

I am so scared to take Levi on the plane for our trip. I'm sure it's going to be terrifying. How did she do with sleeping in a different place?

Bree said...

With perks like that I would hang on to that job as long as possible. Glad you had fun!