Saturday, June 21, 2008

We love you forever and forever!!

Three years ago today, Brady and I experienced the hardest thing we have ever had to deal with. Father's day of 2005 Brade's darling mom, Kathy, had a stroke. She began to lose her ability to speak for brief periods of time and Brade's dad, Jeff rushed her to the hospital where they ran several tests over the next two days. Tuesday, June 21st, 2005 they found a hole in her sick heart. They decided to rush her to open heart surgery. I got a call at work that day to come to the hospital immediately! I got there right as she was being wheeled into surgery. She held my hand, kissed me and whispered "I love you!"

After ten hours in surgery and many, many tearful prayers, they were not able to save her. The doctor had to deliver the news to over fifty family and close friends waiting in the ICU lobby.

I really did not know how we would go on without her. She was so young, so vibrant, so humble, so unselfish, so motherly, and a best friend to so many people!

Kathy was one in a million! She is one of those people you meet in your life that your heart will never let you forget. She had a heart bigger than herself. She has an unmatched love for children. They were drawn to her. They loved everything about her. She had the most amazing laugh, the most graceful way of wrapping her soul around yours and comforting your every fear or worry.

I wanted nothing more than for her to stay here on this earth. I wanted her to grow old as "Grandma Kathy." I wanted Brade to have his mom. I wanted Jeff to have his sweetheart. I wanted Jen to have her best friend and mom by her side. I wanted Tyler to have his mom there to walk him through his hard times. I just wanted her to stay.

Bentley's birth was so bitter sweet. I know Grandma "Kaffy" sent her to us, but I wanted her here so bad. We needed her. She would have been so proud to watch her son melt as he held his beautiful daughter for the first time. She would have gone head over heels for this perfect little grandchild of hers. She would have simply loved her.

She would have fallen completely in love with her beautiful grandson, Tanner. She would have spoiled him and laughed hysterically at his "boy" antics.

I miss Kathy every day. Brade misses her so much. Bentley will forever know the legacy of her grandma.

I know we will all be together again! For now, we mourn her, we celebrate her life, her love and her laugh. We cry over the wonderful memories we shared with her. We love her forever!

Tanner, Bentley, and soon, Grayson will know their grandma. We will never let them forget how much their grandma would have loved them!

Dear Grandma "Kaffy",

We will continue to visit you. We will continue to blow dandelions in the in the grass. We will come here to show you our toys, our new hot wheels, our favorite golf club, our favorite princess dress or just come to talk to you about life. Grandma, we love you. we love that you raised such great parents for us. We will never forget!

Love,

Tanner, Bentley and Grayson!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Lindsey, that was so sweet and beautifully written. What an amazing lady. She will forever be Bentley's guardian angel.
This post is a touching way to honor your mother in law. I loved it and still can't stop crying!!

Bree said...

That totally brought a tear to my eye and I didn't even know Kathy. I just can't even fathom losing a mother figure. What a sweet post.

Veronica Reeve said...

Lindsey, Thanks for sharing. I didn't know this about Brady's mom. She sounds like she was really great. I agree with Nicole, she'll be watching over little Bentley as a special guardian angel. What a hard thing for your family to go through. I'm sure she's proud of you all.

Libby said...

Pete's grandma died shortly after I got pregnant with Levi. I liked to imagine her up there coaching him on how to be a good guy. I love knowing that we will live with her (and all of our loved ones) again!

Angie said...

Hi Linds. You found me, now I found you! I had no idea that you had lost your mother-in-law. I guess that's one good thing about blogs. It gives me a chance to keep up on family that I don't get to see that often. I am so sorry. What a hard thing to go through. It was a very sweet post, though. It made me cry. You and Brady are very strong, and I'm sure you'll carry on an amazing legacy of her through your family.

Bobbi Flinders said...

I can't believe that it's already been 3 years. I still vividly remember being at the hospital. That made me all teary - thanks, you know me!

Kelly said...

What does one say about a post like this? Really cool that you can honor your mom-in-law this way. Losing someone so close is so hard. But sounds like your family is making sure that Kathy is not forgotten!!

Stac said...

Linds,this is a really great post. It brought tears to my eyes.

Nicole Burton said...

Hi Linds. Wow you found me! And I still have your shower gift for your little girl in my closet... sad I know. So sad about Brady's mom. We just hit the 5 year mark for losing Zach and Angie's first little girl. It is hard to lose the ones you love but it makes it better knowing you will see them again. I am sure Makena is watching over my little ones right now for me before they make their own journey down to earth.

Jake still does landscaping. His cell is 941-0035 or you can email me at nparoz@comcast.net