(My Dad and me)Two years ago my brother, Trev and I decided we no longer wanted our feet to be strapped to one board, but two. We were both working up at Snowbasin and had some hook ups in the rental shop. On our day off, we did what we probably shouldn't have. Neither one of us had skied in years, since we both jumped on the "boarder" train when it was the cool thing to do. After two dislocated shoulders, some concussions and wrist injuries, we decided maybe we should go back to skiing!
No lessons, no idea what we were doing, and absolutly no fear, we took to the slopes. Neither one of us have turned back. We fell in love. Fortunatly, we both had season passes and the convenience of working on the mountain and we had the time of our lives that season!! We have found our passion. We both have become quite obsessed with skiing!! There is nothing I love to do more in the winter months than be skiing with Trev, my dad, Brade or Maima. We have had so much fun.
Well, as you can imagine, when I found out I was pregnant, I quickly did the math. February, really? That means by the time the snow falls, I will be way too big to ski and then by the time I am back in shape after she is born, the snow will be long gone.
I am having some withdrawals and slowly working through it with the help of an experienced counselor. I am sure I will get over it just in time for next season! I CAN NOT WAIT!!!
5 comments:
oh Linds I am sorry. Just one more thing to add to your "joys of pregnancy" list. Hang in there. You will be fine. You look hot in that picture. :) oh and we are coming for Christmas if that makes you feel better.
Linds you are hilarious. I love when you post on my blog, and I LOVE reading yours! So Grace's shoes are from Gymboree...Bentley definetly needs some! Don't worry, I do carry my camera EVERYWHERE. It makes my blogging way too fun for me... :)
The joys of pregnancy are endless aren't they? I have missed numerous softball, soccer and basketball games all for the love of my children:D
Suck it up sis. I will send you pictures of us shreddin' and that will make you feel all better. Just kidding, love ya.
Bentley will be worth the 1 year you miss.. and like Amy said... we'll think of ya! Love ya... Dad
Post a Comment