This may sound a little funny, but this is something I have always wanted to do and today is the day. I have always, always been a clothes horse. I love clothes, shoes, accessories, handbags, and fashion. I would go as far as saying I am a little obsessed with it. I pick up at least five magazines a week at the grocery store for "outfit ideas" from the celebs. I then visit the local Target or Ross to mimic the look.
On a few occasions I have had people ask me to shop with them for outfit ideas. Over the years I have accumulated a few clothes that I wear over and over and just mix it up a bit. I am not claiming to be an expert, by any means. I have no formal education, just obsession.
I decided I would try this Fashion Friday thing out and see where it goes. Let me know what you think.
Every Friday I will post a fashion tip. It could be an outfit I saw in a magazine and how I mimic that outfit with VERY affordable options or a spin off of "what not to wear."
Today, I will start with the very basic EVERY woman needs...a good bra!! I managed the local Victoria's Secret store for a few years and learned a lot about a woman's undergarments!
Trust me on this one...a good bra can go a LONG way!
Make your way to the local VS or do a little measurement at home and then go visit your favorite lingerie store.
DO IT AT HOME MEASUREMENT: using a measuring tape (the sewing type, not a stiff carpentar one) take the measurement around your rib cage directly below your bust. This is your band size.
Then take the measurement (loosely) around the fullest part of your bust. Then take this number and subtract your band size. EX: your band measures 34 and the fullest part of your bust measures 38, therefore you are a 4 =34C
To determine your cup
The difference between the two measurements coincides with your cup size
1-AA
2-A
3-B
4-C
5-D
6-DD
Your band should feel tight, but not uncomfortable. You should not have "back fat" bulging over. Your cup should cover your bust and be flush with your skin, otherwise you will get what we affectionatly call the "Double Boob."
You should be able to fit two fingers between your skin and the strap directly above your cup. Your band should fit symmetrically in the front and back. Meaning you should be able to draw a perfectly straight line all the way around your band. If your bra rides in the back, your straps are too tight. If you are "sagging" with your straps loosened, your cup is too big or your bra is too old! Rotate your bra every other day. It works just like a rubber band, if you don't give it a day to recover it will just keep stretching out thus ceasing to give you the correct support. Ideally, you should rotate your bras out every six months!
If you wear a lot of white or light colored shirts, wear a NUDE BRA! I promise ladies, white is not always the best bet. Even if you wear "white" under your bra, you still want nude. Your bra will be practically invisible under white. This goes for panties as well.
There you are, the first of the Fashion Friday posts. I would love your feedback!
7 comments:
I LOVE this. I'm one of those people that you need to take shopping with you. I'm not joking. Heck, you saw me today, you KNOW I'm not joking. I've heard of "Flashback Friday" but never "Fashion Friday". THIS IS SO GREAT!!!! Keep up the good work. I'll be stylin' in no time!
Good stuff. I agree about the bra thing. I love VS, that's all I will wear. What a great way to give back..good job Linds!!
PS-check out the link on my page that's called "fashions of the stars", it's pretty sweet.
I LOVE it! I'll be tuning in regularly...such a fun idea!
I need a new bra. I don't even want to tell you about mine. You would die.
Well, on the day that I can go back to wearing real bras, I will have to reference this information for sure.
You are PERFECT for this!! I can not wait to check it out each Friday. We totally need to go shopping again. I have burned through all the outfits you helped me pick.
**Holding my breath for Friday**
You do ALWAYS look so cute! I will have to check out Fridays for sure... great idea!
Post a Comment