Sunday, June 29, 2008

Fashion Friday-ish!

Brade has been out of town this weekend and...when the boys are away, the girls will play. Bent and I have not been home all weekend so Fashion Friday comes a bit delayed. (I really should have picked a less busy day of the week, but what do you do?)


Last week I promised...jeans/pants for every size and occasion!


A good pair of jeans is ESSENTIAL for every gals wardrobe. When I say GOOD I don't mean expensive, just one that fits well and is comfortable.


First, a few basic rules when shopping for jeans.


Take a real objective look at your body type.


If you are stick thin and a bit of a boyish figure-we all hate you, but that is another story! No, really, you look great in almost anything you wear. To accentuate your bottom or to create a bit more of a curvy look, opt for some dramatic back pockets. This will create the illusion of a more drastic shape. This year's skinny jeans look great on a boyish figure. Pair them with a great ballet flat for day or a black strappy sandal for evening!!


This pair is a little pricey at $69.95, but a great investment. This is the BKE Sierra from the Buckle. It has a great wash, a little bit of stretch and great pocket detail.



If you are bit vertically challenged, like myself, opt for a wide leg capri that does not taper and falls just below the knee or right above the ankle. This will give the illusion of height and will not accentuate a large bottom or thighs.




This is great linen pair from the Gap. Notice that the hip width is the same as the leg opening, giving the illusion of less curve. This is the only style of capri I wear!! Love them!

This is perfect pair from Target. They are Isaac Mizrahi tie waist cropped pant.


This same concept is true for pants as well. Do not choose a pant/jean style that tapers at the leg opening if you want to draw the focus away from your hip/thigh area. Pair a wide leg DARK jean with bright colored shirt to draw attention upward. Do not try the opposite. A light colored jean and a dark shirt will automatically dry the eye to the brightest part of your body, the lower half! Opt for flat front and cuff free to give the illusion of longer legs!




I just picked up this pair at the local JCPenney I love them. They have a wide band at the waist to keep in the "unmentionables". They have just enough stretch to make them ultra comfy. They have a sewn in seam to give a bit of a more formal look. They are wide leg and they are a dark wash! Just exactly what I like. Yah, the model looks stick thin in the photo, but I promise, they will flatter any body shape! Go check them out!



One last bit of advice-do not wear pants that look like you have been poured into them! Nobody wants to see every little fold and crease of your skin underneath your skin tight pants. I don't know how else to put it. Wear something comfortable, a bit loose fitting and flattering. Opt for a pant that minimizes the dreaded "muffin top" while in a seated position. i realize no one is immune from this problem, but just choose something that minimizes, rather than accentuates!

5 comments:

Libby said...

I have a rule for myself when it comes to pants-it doesn't matter which number is in there, if it's too small, too bad. I think it's awful when people think they just can't wear a certain size. Their loss. Their muffin top!

Bree said...

Holy muffin top. Did you know that malt-o-meal makes a cereal called muffin tops? They're really good too. Good job Linds...great info!

Cass said...

so... I think it's time for another post...I'm so sad when you're busy...jk but next time maybe a style feature on hairstyles for different face types? lol see my blog for comments on my hair!

Bree said...

New post Please! Well, when you get some time that is.

Veronica Reeve said...

Linds!! I love that picture of you!! I hope you didn't take offense from that post. I was totally joking you know. You're not mad right?