Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My One Wish

My one wish for my daughter...to be a respectful, nice, friendly girl to everybody. That is one thing I stress about so much. I just want her to be NICE. We all remember the "bratty" girls growing up. (if I ever came across as the "bratty" girl to anyone, I am really sorry).
My one dream...SHATTERED. My SEVEN month old already thrashes and throws fits. Really? Can this really happen? Is she giving me a glimpse into her life as a socialite?
She is the happiest, most laid back, smiliest baby in the world until...she does not get her way. If I don't give her the phone when it rings, I have to hold on to her with both hands or she will thrash herself out of my arms to the floor. If I take her out of the bath before she feels she has had sufficient play time...she has a COMPLETE meltdown until we give her a bottle and put her to bed. Really? Should you have to have a ritual of draining the bath water and making her realize the water is gone before you can pry her out of the porcelain vat?
If I decide that maybe she needs a nap and she decides it is not on her agenda, she will yell this little "Baahhh" over and over and thrash her legs in the crib until she has shoved her head into the corner of her crib.
Oh and the worst one...heaven forbid I decide to try and look at a piece of paper without letting her taste test it first!!
Am a raising a "mean girl?" What do I do? I don't feel like I can ruin my child at the age of seven months. She is so sweet and so innocent and I just laugh at her because it is so funny for such a little girl!
Any advice here would be great!
Oh yah...on one other side note...my child won't eat. Plain and simple...she gags on EVERYTHING I put in her mouth. OK, anything that is food that is. Give her paper, a phone, lotion bottle, Motrin bottle, skin, fingers...she loves it, but DO NOT give her food!

5 comments:

Camille said...

Isn't it so funny that even at that young age those little stinks know what they want, and will let you know if you are in the wrong. It is so amazing how their personality exists immediately. Good luck...wait until she can talk....I have had a two year old for almost a year...and he turns two in 2 weeks.

Nicole said...

I am going through a non eating phase with Gage now too, but JB goes through phases where he'll eat then he won't too. I think all kids do. And the fit thing!! Gage is the same way with my cell phone. It drives me crazy!! Again, a phase thing, it will get better, then it will get WORSE. The day's of a mother. Now I know why we need to have kids while we're young!

Unknown said...

Sorry, but I had to laugh. Both my kiddos have tempers, and Livy is definitely worse than Jaedon. You just have to stick to your guns and let them know how things are going to be. Don't be wishy-washy. It is quite frustrating though. The eating part...my friend had a doctor once tell her that he as never seen a kid not eat when they are hungry. If they get hungry enough, they will eat.

Stac said...

yup. I agree with Mel, they will eat when they are hungry. Don't worry and just hang on because the temper tantrums only get worse. Give it a few years my love... Good luck.

Sierra said...

I have ALL the exact same problems with Skylar! She throws fits, she doesn't eat, etc. I never thought that we would have to start disciplining so soon! I just don't want anyone to think, "Oh no! Skylar is going to be there," when they are coming over and dreading it! It is my worst fear also. Maybe we will just have to let Skylar and Bentley play together. Maybe they could teach each other a lesson!