Friday, February 8, 2008

Ten months and counting

I am not sure if any of you are wondering, but I am still gun-ho on the incubation process. I have chosen to wait at least until Wednesday to let her come on her own. Crazy...maybe! I was scheduled to be induced yesterday, but for some ODD, VERY ODD reason, I opted out.
I am convinced Bentley will show her face to the world on her terms, when she is ready, and I am actually really ok with that.
I know, I know...if you reference my other posts, you make think I am a total lunatic, but sometimes things happen that just make you change your way of thinking a little!
I will keep you all posted on her progress. I did get to see her on the 3D. She finally dropped enough that she wasn't hidden behind the placenta and she is pretty dang cute, if I don't say so myself. She has chubby cheeks, luscious Jolie lips and tons of hair. That is according to the ultrasound. She may be born looking totally different~
Stay tuned for Bentley's introduction into this world!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Linds, you are crazy! ;) But I understand what you are feeling. I hope she comes soon though. Keep me posted!

Kristen said...

Spoken like a seasoned mom already. Sometimes you can't care about everybody else's opinion, because everybody will have one, and just go with your gut. She'll get here when she gets here. Just make sure she stays active, and of course so do you.

Veronica Reeve said...

I was just talking about you with Kelly. I was sure that Bentley would have been here by now!! You are a good women. I am not a patient woman. BUT!! It will be so fun for you if she comes on her own (remember, if you are grocery shopping, and your water breaks, drop the jar of pickles)....Please be sure to blog when it's that time. (He he he, just kidding, but maybe a phone call when you are nice and comfortable). We're rooting for you and bebe!

Bree said...

I agree that she will come when she wants, both my girls did. And plus I promise they are way easier to take care of in the womb than out. Oh and I Kennedy totally looked the same in real life as the 3-D image, only cuter. Same nose same lips. So if you think she's cute on ultra sound you just wait..she will be tons cuter. Good luck!!

Stac said...

Good job Linds. I am proud of you! I know it's hard but I think you made the best decision. Listening to your heart is a good thing. You are a great mom already!

Anonymous said...

Linds, you have made the right choice. Kids are all about teaching their parents patience and that they will do things in their own time. She is already showing you just a touch of her personality, no rushin for her. Keep us posted. Love ya!!!
Cindy

Amy said...

I know you made the right decision because it was YOUR decision. You are going to be a great mom.

Nicole said...

I was always for some reason "against" getting started, but with Gage I did, and I still blame that for the reason why my little Gage is so little. I was only a week early so I'm sure he was just meant to be a little guy but I still wonder... Bentley will come she's good and ready!! This just may be a sign of her personality..