So last Tuesday I said to myself "Self, lets become a runner!" You can imagine what my self said back! It went something like, "what the hell do you think you are doing?"
My better half won the argument-I put in about 12 miles walk/running last week.

I bought a lovely little jogging stroller for my other half-Bent! I pushed her up and down the hills of my neighborhood all weekend! BAD IDEA!! I could not even move by Monday morning for the race!! I showed up barely able to lift my legs out of the car! It was a down pour and SO COLD! What was I thinking? I regretfully handed my check over and pinned on my bib.
I knew I was in BIG trouble when the countdown began at the start line, the masses of other runners all got into a crouch position, and clicked on the stopwatch of their high tech runner's watches. I looked around with a furrowed brow, "I thought I signed up for a friendly neighborhood 5K-not the Olympic trials-well whatever, here we go!"
Unfortunately for me, I was running with cement blocks wrapped around my ankles. I was so sore and so stiff, I could barely move. I swear if I wouldn't have had the timing chip securely fastened to my shoe lace, I would have just climbed into the car and gone home!
I did it! I completed my first race on the road to many, many more. I have a goal to complete 10 races before summer's end. My goal right now is to run the half marathon next year, if not the full!
6 comments:
Linds, that is awesome, and I could totally picture, and know from experience what you were feeling. Keep with it woman!!
I want to become a runner too!!! Lets talk!
I having been toying with the idea for years now! Seems like my lazy half always wins the argument! BUT maybe we can do some races together! I will need to start training. I'd love to do a 5K with friends! We'll talk more at the GNO sleepover next week!
Good for you, Linds..you're a champ!! Keep up the frequent posting, I love it!
Wow, check you out! I just don't think I'm capable of such feats. Happy for you though!
Yay linds! Running is awesome! I've slacked off a bit recently but hope to start up again soon. So, if you need a running buddy, give me a call. It can definitely be hard at times, but totally worth it. Welcome to the wonderful world of running!
Post a Comment