Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hair Today, Gone tomorrow!

Three posts in as many days...I am exhausted.



My shaggster had her first little trim yesterday. She may not have quite as many hairs as some folks, but she definitely had the hair muffs and the widows peak to be proud of.


I took her into my sister-in-law, Jenn to work her magic. Yes, this is probably something I could have just chopped myself with the kitchen sheers, but I was worried she would come out of it looking like a rookie marine. It was best left for the experts.


She immediately went into a trance when Jenn started combing her hair.


As long as she could look in the mirror at all the action...she did not move.




Finished product! Jenn found enough hair on that head to give her a bam-bam pony.



It was a day of grooming for Bent. Ever since I cut TWO fingertips while trimming her nails on the morning of the Fourth of July, I have thrown in the towell on torturing my daughter. Something about drawing blood on your five month old makes you think twice before the next attempt. This too is better left to the experts.

I tried filing her nails when she was younger...don't try this. Did not work.

Now, my sister-in-law, Keesha, cuts her nails weekly. Thank goodness for in-laws!!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

HELLO Linds! So glad to have you back and boy was it fun to read 3 posts instead of 1! I REALLY want to see pics of the baby shower--how did that go? Your family pics are cute and Bee looks darling with the Bam-Bam ponytail! Can't wait for when I have a girl so I can do her hair cute too...maybe one day. We need to hang out!!

Nicole said...

I too, am glad that you're back. Come on, we use to be able to count on you for 1 or 2 posts a week! It's time to get back in the saddle!
It looks like you have Bentley's stylist team all lined up, and the fact that it's made up of family is even better!

Unknown said...

So fun when you can start doing something with their crazy little hairs! :)

Jennie said...

I can't believe how big she's getting!! She looks so grown up getting her hair cut. Glad your back into the swing of things, we've (meaning the blog world) have been missing ya! Hope to see ya soon :)

Libby said...

Cute salon pictorials. I can't wait till Leebs gets enough hair for a haircut. About the tantrums-don't worry. I'm sure that we don't always act the way we did at 7 months old. Or at least let's hope not. My little dude can be a crabby patty if he doesn't get EXACTLY what he wants sometimes. I just have to grit my teeth and wait until it passes.