Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to a Great Gal and a WONDERFUL Friend!!

A quick BIRTHDAY shout out to my great friend,
MELANIE J. BASSETT



Here are some of my favorite memories of Mel:
*Driving her parents car in the back yard when we were probably about nine
*Practicing our 2nd Grade Talent Show Showcase in her "Solarium"
*She was always the fastest runner at Valley Elementary and won all the races on Field Day
*I attributed her success to the fact that she had to walk three miles to the bus every day
*She had the coolest bedroom off the laundry room at one time
*Great sleepovers in the new basement
*Her very contagious laugh
*Her fabulous surprise party for me when I moved
*Overall good person who could always make you laugh
*I called her daily in the last few weeks of pregnancy for advice!!
*She pulled me through those agonizing days
I hope you have a wonderful Birthday today Mel. You deserve it!!

Here are a few pictures to take you back Mel!!



Photos courtesy of my great pal, Stac!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA :) I should have made you give those pictures back!
In all seriousness though, you are the greatest Linds, and I love you. Some of those memories were pretty funny, and those pictures! Thanks for being such a great friend even after all these years. One of life's greatest treasures! Thank you, thank you!!

Donene said...

That was very nice Linds, and those memories made me laugh. How many car trips did you take in the back yard?? You are a great friend.